Join a contract committee! It’s important.
The Washington Teachers’ Union will soon open negotiations with DCPS for a new contract that will guide the day-to-day work of educators, protect our rights and clearly define our responsibilities. It’s vital that we enter these talks with clear demands, and that these demands truly represent the thinking of WTU members.
We need to hear your views.
Please join a committee that will study an area of concern and develop suggestions for new contract provisions to cover these concerns. The committees that have been established are:
- Teacher Evaluation – Article 15
- Counselors, Librarians, Services Providers (Auxiliary Services) – Article 24
- PDs, Coaches, Mentoring, Induction, Full and Equal Partnership – Article 2
- School-Based Committees, Building Reps., Morning Block – Article 16
- Compensation – Article 36
- School Climate – Articles 7, 16, 18, and 23
- Special Education – Article 23 and 24
- Technology – Article 25
- Mutual Consent / Teacher Transfer – Article 4
- Planning Period – Article 23
- Extra Duty Pay – Article 27
- Leave Policies – Article 17