As this holiday season approaches we are reminded that there are many families in the District that are in need. WTU has partnered with the Wright Foundation to assist these families.
We are asking you to consider donating new or gently used winter coats, gear and unwrapped toys.
- New and gently used coats of all sizes (youth and adults) for both boys and girls
- New and gently used hats and gloves
- Unwrapped toys for Boys & Girls, ages 1 - 15
Donations will be collected from December 12th to December 19th. You can drop-off your donations or order on-line and have shipped to a WTU Collection site.
- Click on the map below or click here for Drop-Off locations (please click on the icon to see the address and any specific instructions for that location)
- Online orders can be shipped to (Care of WTU, 8910 Brookville Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20910)
Please consider giving the gift of warmth this season to families in need. Together, let's show DC families how much DC Teachers love them.
Click on the map to view drop-off locations. Please click on the map icon closest to you to see any location specific instructions.
All locations are contactless and secure.
Contact WTU Members Mark Smith (email@example.com) or Glady Diz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
About The Wright Foundation
The Wright Family Foundation is a nonprofit 501c organization working out of Wards 7 & 8. We've partnered with Martha's Table, Councilman Trayon White, DC Central Kitchen and many more. Recently, we passed out over 5,000 meals to the community during COVID crisis and sponsored 75 children who lost siblings or parents in 2019. Our organization hosts coat drives, food drives and advocates for children's rights.
Follow them on Instagram at @wright_family_foundation.