This guide will walk you through submitting eligible tuition reimbursements for payment processing.
Upon notification from the Compensation Team that you are qualified to receive a reimbursement, you will create an Expense Report in the DIFS system, attaching all your supporting documentation, including a memorandum from the Office of Employee Services.
View full guide here.
A Teacher who is enrolled in graduate coursework or a relevant dual certification program shall be reimbursed at the rate of $200 per credit hour, not to exceed $1,800 per year, provided:
Please review the following guidelines before submitting a tuition reimbursement request in QuickBase.
1. The Teacher has not been subject to a discharge for misconduct that has been upheld;
2. The Teacher’s most recent evaluation score is Effective or higher;
3. The Teacher is “Certified” (as determined by the District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education);
4. The coursework is for an advanced degree or as part of a relevant dual certification program;
5. The program is approved by DCPS and the Teacher submits the tuition reimbursement form not later than two (2) weeks following the beginning of the coursework;
6. The Teacher earns a letter grade of “B” or higher in each course for which reimbursement is sought; and
7. The credit hours are not otherwise funded by grants, scholarships, or other educational awards.
Please download full .pdf here.