The mission of the Washington Teachers’ Union is to:
- Raise the standards of the teaching profession by ensuring and promoting conditions vital to effective services for all students.
- Define and strengthen services of the schools and to afford employees with a full opportunity to participate in the democratic decision-making process within schools for the common good.
- Protect the legal rights of all members.
- Provide and maintain, as the sole and exclusive collective representative for members of the bargaining units, the effective implementation of the collective bargaining agreements between the Washington Teachers’ Union and other employers.
- Make employees aware of their political and social rights and responsibilities.