- Math Literacy Corps National Virtual Town Hall - Youth Agency Through Math Literacy, July 12th, 2021 @ 5:30pm Eastern Time. To Register, visit this Eventbrite Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/160965420907. For event flyer, please visit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kx6530UqxmISTE-XlyRX-nNvPrqz4REt/view?usp=sharing
- Dismantling Racism in Mathematics Instruction”, from Achieve the Core. A 12-hour, self-paced online course for K-12 educators. See https://achievethecore.org/page/3366/dismantling-racism-in-mathematics-instruction
- NCTM Annual Meeting & Exposition - empowering the voice of teachers - from critical conversations to intentional actions, Atlanta, GA, Sept. 22-25, 2021. See: https://www.nctm.org/atlanta2021/
- The Dillard University Center for Racial Justice’s 5 day Summer Institute is a student-led endeavor focused on preparing students for Student Activism and a 2022 Freedom Ride, August 9th-13th, 2021. This will help lay the groundwork for a Freedom Ride to Washington DC in summer 2022. If you know of students interested in joining the student leadership team, please forward them this announcement with the attachments with further details, list of committees, and planned endeavors throughout the year 21-22 school year. Interested students should contact the Center for Racial Justice student leadership team: Kaylan Tanner - [email protected]; Carlos Pollard - [email protected]; and Leila Jones - [email protected] For those who would like to join the advisory leadership team to support the students, please contact Ashraf Esmail, Director for the Center for Racial Justice at Dillard University in New Orleans, LA at [email protected] We meet every Wednesday as an advisory team and we meet every Saturday with the students. The various committees meet once a week to outline mission, goals, objectives, and outline for each day of the August 9th-13th Summer Institute. Linked documents:
- TODOS & JRMF: (four Thursdays in July: 8, 15, 22, 29) JRMF is excited to be partnering with TODOS to host a series of fun math events this summer. Join us as we explore games, puzzles, and other activities that make problem solving fun and accessible. There will be two sessions in English (one for parents and one for children) and two in Spanish. https://www.jrmf.org/todos
Do you like this post?