Here are the latest professional development opportunities from the WTU and our partners.
Strategies for Student Success (FREE!)
Instructor: Laurine Kennedy
Tuesdays: November 23 and 30; December 7; 4:15-7:15pm
The following modules will be offered in this section: Dimensions to a Better Life; Navigating the Journey Between Stress and SEL, Electrifying Online Learning, The Game Factor. Participants will receive 4 PLU’s for each session. RSVP HERE: https://www.wtulocal6.net/fall_2021_strategies_for_student_success
WTU Tech Tuesdays Are Back!!!
Next session is Tuesday 11/30 @ 4:30-5:30pm, coordinator Sarah Elwell for a session on Electrifying Instruction with Online Tools.
Black Lives Matter at School: December and January curriculum fairs
- Please register for the D.C. Area Black Lives Matter at School Virtual Curriculum Fair for Saturday, December 11th from 10am - noon.. Apply to present a workshop, here, by this Sunday, November 21st.
- Learn more and register for the national Black Lives Matter at School Virtual Curriculum Fair on Saturday, January 8th from 10am ET - 12:30pm ET. Apply to present a workshop, here.
- The fifth annual Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action is January 31st - February 4th, 2022. Learn more and sign up to participate, here.
- If you’d like to participate in a 1 hour planning meeting around Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action on Saturday, January 22nd from 1pm - 2pm, RSVP here.
Join the Flagway League!
We launched the Flagway League on Monday, October 25 led by coordinator Raphael Bonhomme. Our next meeting will be December 6 @ 5pm-once you register, you will receive a calendar invitation from our league coordinator.
"The goal of The Flagway™ Game is to create environments where students can practice and celebrate learning math. There are many different ways to create a cultural context in which mathematics emerges naturally from students’ experience. One method used by the YPP and the Algebra Project is to create mathematically rich games and experiences." Find more info about the game here: http://www.typp.org/flagway.
Register HERE to become a Flagway Coach: https://www.wtulocal6.net/fall_2021_flagway_league_section_1
Math Alliance Announcements
- , Dec. 1st, 2021, 9am - 12pmET: Please join the Civil Rights & Restorative Justice Project and the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs at Northeastern University for our upcoming 2021 conference, Racial Redress and Reparations: Policy Approaches to Remediating Historical Racial Injustice. This is a virtual conference, open to all! The webinar registration link is: https://northeastern.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4kRrjXAlRluks0qhbod-Zw
- Racial Redress and Reparations virtual conference flyer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zhs3kn8FwkiPBKz9Q2fZmmEF_Rd_uZBi/view?usp=sharing
- Save-the-date: Dec. 4th, 2021, 9amPT-12:30pmPT (12pmET-3:30pmET) - Prioritizing Antiracist Mathematics: Moving Past Acknowledgement, the Moment for Action is Now, a TODOS-Mathematics for All virtual webinar. Registration cost $30. Link to register is forthcoming - see more at: https://www.todos-math.org/