Here's What's Brewing Today
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Representative Assembly Meeting April 11 at 4:30 pm
All members are invited to attend. Only building reps and delegates can participate and vote in the meeting and should join with a separate link emailed to them.
Teacher Leader Survey on the Impact of Mayoral Control
NEWS FROM THE WTU ELECTIONS COMMITTEE:
2023 WTU ELECTIONS
(REPEATED FROM LAST WEEK)
The Elections Committee is now accepting nominations for the following positions:
- MD/DC AFL-CIO
- AFT Convention Delegate
- Elections Committee
Petitions are due by 5pm Friday April 28, 2023. The official Elections notice and petitions are linked.
Petitions may be dropped off or mailed to the WTU Office at 1239 Pennsylvania Ave SE Washington, DC 20003. More information will be shared in next week's brew about the petition submission process. Here are the procedures for submission of petitions in person or by mail.
We want to ensure that all dues paying WTU members can exercise their right to vote. If you do not have a personal email address and phone number on file with the WTU please email Ms. Valerie Kilby at [email protected].
If you have any questions about the upcoming elections you can email the WTU Elections Committee at [email protected]
AM Brew News and Notices are archived at https://www.wtulocal6.net/AMBrew.
- APRIL 11TH, Tuesday – WTU Representative Assembly Meeting
- APRIL 13TH, Thursday – WTU Contract Town Hall (virtual) from 4:30pm – 6:00pm
- APRIL 24TH, Monday – Know Your Rights Workshop with Librarians (virtual) @ 5:00pm (School Library Month)
- MAY 4TH, Thursday – President Pogue Lyons Meeting with WTU Building Reps
- MAY 5TH Friday – Teacher Appreciation Celebration @ Coolidge HS 4:00 – 7:00pm
- MAY 10TH, Wednesday – WTU Retirement Seminar (virtual) @ 5:00pm
- MAY 17TH, Wednesday – Know Your Rights Workshop by Former DCPS Investigator (virtual) @ 4:30pm
- MAY 20TH, Saturday – WTU Teacher Leader Symposium @ Kimball ES, 9:00am
- JUNE 26TH - 30TH – WTU Professional Development Summer Institute, Kimball ES
Virtual Contract Town Hall Meeting
The WTU wants to hear what you want in the next contract
Thursday April 13 4:30-6:00PM
W3EdNet meeting - April 11
Deputy Mayor for Education Paul Kihn at the next Ward 3 Education Network (W3EdNet) meeting on Tuesday, April 11 at 7pm via Zoom. The DME will discuss school budgets and other relevant topics, before taking questions.
Ward 4 Ed Alliance
April 13 at 7pm via zoom
Social Studies Standards
SBOE is hosting a series of Community Information Sessions on the proposed social studies standards.
PD and other opportunities
Retirement workshop from Shared Vision
Virtual Retirement Workshop
The WTU will host a virtual workshop on May 10th 5 PM
Be sure to follow the WTU on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to keep up on the latest from your Union.