Here's What's Brewing Today
Monday, December 12, 2022
Tuesday, December 13th is the last day to vote on the Tentative Contract Agreement.
There is a recording of the two Town Hall sessions from last week available here: Members Only Minutes
On Dec. 5th, all WTU members received an email to their DCPS email account from TrueBallot, Inc. We realize that some of these emails landed in DCPS' spam, archive or other folders. If you have not received a ballot via your DCPS email from [email protected], please do the following:
- Please check your DCPS emailand DCPS junk or archive mail folders. The sender of this email is [email protected] which your computer may classify as suspicious and send to a different file folder instead of your inbox.
- Please search for the email by typing [email protected] and "WTU Contract Ratification" into the Search box of your email account.
- Check to ensure you are a WTU dues-paying member. Only due-paying members will receive the Contract Voting package. To make sure you are a member, please check your paystub to make sure DCPS classified you as a WTU-Dues paying member. If you are not a member, you can join the WTU if you enroll by Noon on December 13th. Contact Carlton Nettles to ensure your membership paperwork is expedited.
- After completing these steps, please contact Carlton Nettles - [email protected] – if you have not received your ballot. In rare cases, you may need to call OCTO and see if your email is blocking [email protected] as a last resort.
Please note when you receive your ballot email, you must click on the voting link to see all the documents in the contract voting package. The documents contained in the ballot are also posted on the WTU members-only website under Meeting Minutes. Recordings of all Ballot Town Meeting are posted there as well. Security is provided through the use of Personal Identification Numbers (PINs), which were sent in the ballot email to all WTU dues-paying members. Regardless of how many ballot emails you receive, only one response will be logged into the system.
WTU Membership Meeting
Tuesday, Dec 13, 2022 04:30 PM
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We Look forward to Seeing you on Friday!
WTU’s GO-GO for Education Celebration!
When: Friday, December 16th
We look forward to celebrating the holidays with you!
AFT TEACH workshop proposal due by Jan. 17
TEACH 2023 is all about supporting educators and focusing on what kids need for successful futures. Priority areas for the workshops include:
- Instructional strategies to meet the needs of all students;
- Teaching subject-area content;
- Student and educator safety and well-being; and
- Collaborating and working with colleagues, families and communities to make sure kids feel safe and welcome in their public schools and have access to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in life.
For the full list of priority areas and topics, view the Workshop Proposal Guidelines
TEACHER DISCOUNT available for Eddie B. Teachers Only Comedy Tour
Saturday, December 17, 2022 (7pm Doors)
Capital One Hall, Tysons, VA
Use code THANKYOU on purchase page to receive 25% off tickets here:
Looking for a new position? Check out the November listings of instructional and non-instructional vacancies posted here: https://www.wtulocal6.net/open_positions
AM Brew News and Notices will be archived at https://www.wtulocal6.net/AMBrew.
In addition to the events listed below, we encourage you to check out the WTU Members –Only Calendar where you can find a condensed list of upcoming WTU events.
W3EdNet Meeting on Tues, Dec 13 at 7pm
Meet New Ward 3 Councilmember Matt Frumin and SBOE Rep Eric Goulet
They will talk about their priorities for education for the ward and for DC as well as take questions.
Click here to register
Ward 5 - Equity Committee Meeting
Dec 20, 7pm – 8:30 pm
email [email protected] for zoom information
Ward 6 - W6PSPO Meeting
Tuesday, December 20⋅7:00 – 8:30pm
contact [email protected] for zoom info
Please wear red each Friday and post photos to social media. Please tag us @WTUTeacher
Facility Concerns SY 22-23
Over the past two years, the WTU has met regularly to discuss facility issues with DCPS. Yet, many schools continue to have health and safety concerns. We ask that you let the WTU know of any health or safety concerns in your building by completing this brief form.
We’re continuing to update our database.
Please help us ensure we have your current personal contact information on file. Email [email protected] to update your contact information.
Be sure to follow the WTU on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to keep up on the latest from your Union.